Face coverings, often called masks, can help reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Mandatory Face Coverings on Campus
In line with CDC, CDPH and LA County Public Health guidance, all students, staff, and visitors are required to wear a protective face covering while on campus regardless of social distancing. If a student or staff member arrives without a face covering or with a face covering that does not fit correctly, a disposable mask will be provided for use while on campus that day.
Research has shown that wearing masks reduces the risk of infection, especially in settings where people are close to each other or where social distancing is difficult to maintain. COVID-19 can be spread by people who do not have symptoms and do not know that they are infected. Face coverings help prevent people who have COVID-19 from spreading the virus to others.
How to Select, Wear, and Clean Your Mask
- Wear a mask consistently for the best protection
- Wear a mask that fits snugly against the sides of your face
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth and secure it under your chin
- Wear masks with two or more layers to stop the spread of COVID-19
- Masks should be worn by people two years and older
- Be sure to wash your hands before putting on a mask
- CDC does not recommend the use of gaiters or face shields. Evaluation of these face covers is on-going but effectiveness is unknown at this time.