The health and safety of our staff, students and families remains our top priority. To minimize the spread of COVID-19 at our schools and ensure that everyone who visits one of our campuses for essential business remains healthy, we have established the following health and safety protocols.
We realize there may be times when staff or parents may need to come on campus. We ask that you please the following Health & Safety Protocols before visiting one of our schools.
Face coverings are required on all ISANA campuses: In line with CDC, CDPH and LA County Public Health guidance, all students, staff, and visitors are required to wear a protective face covering while on campus regardless of social distancing. If a student or staff member arrives without a face covering or with a face covering that does not fit correctly, a disposable mask will be provided for use while on campus that day.
Keep face coverings clean: Employees are instructed to wash or replace their face coverings daily. Parents are instructed to ensure that children have clean face coverings.
All individuals entering a school building are required to conduct a daily COVID-19 symptom self-screening before coming on campus. Please do not come on campus if you:
- Tested positive for COVID-19
- Are showing symptoms of COVID-19 (see below)
- Have had contact with anyone who has tested positive for (or is being monitored for) COVID-19
- Are waiting to get tested, or waiting for COVID-19 test results
- Have been out of the country in the last 14 days
If you have you had any of these symptoms (even if mild) in the last 14 days, please refrain from visiting any of our school sites:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Fever greater than 100 degrees
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle or body aches
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
All on campus visits, including those from staff working remotely, must be prearranged: A member of the school’s main office – school operations manager, student and family services coordinator, data manger, office aid or school principal – will coordinate any on campus visits. A symptom and temperature check will be conduncted before allowing entry in to any building. Social distancing protocols will be followed at all times (distance of 6 feet minimum separation).
All staff, students, and visitors must practice social distancing, which includes keeping a distance of six feet or more when interacting with others. At this time, we discourage handshaking, hugs, and any other actions that require close physical proximity. We strongly discourage staff from using other employees’ phones, desks, offices, or other work tools and equipment, when possible. If necessary, clean and disinfect them before and after use.
All staff, students, and visitors are required to maintain proper handwashing. Hands must be washed thoroughly with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds before and after touching any surfaces, before and after entering school buildings, and at regular intervals throughout the day. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands. Hand sanitizer effective against COVID-19 is available to all throughout the campus.
During ISANA’s Grab-N-Go, walk-up or drive-up meal distribution service, visitors are asked to practice the following public health guidelines:
- Wear a protective face covering for your safety and the safety of others.
- Be prepared to drive-thru and quickly take the meal from our team members. If possible, we encourage you to open your trunk for our team members to place meals in.
- For those walking-up, always stand at least 6-feet apart from other people.
- No high-fiving, hugging, fist bumping, etc. Instead, wave or smile.
- Do not visit a school site if you or anyone in your household is experiencing any symptoms of respiratory illness, even if mild; may have had exposure to a person with suspected or confirmed COVID-19; or has traveled out of the country in the last 14 days.
ISANA will conduct daily, thorough cleanings of all school buildings per public health guidelines. Our cleaning crew will sanitize restrooms, workspaces, and common areas each day. This includes all frequently touched surfaces in the schools, such as classrooms, keyboards, telephones, handrails, and doorknobs. Thorough nightly cleanings will continue at all campuses and include high touch surfaces, classrooms, restrooms, common areas, and more.
At-Home COVID-19 Symptom Checker: