The residency provides new teachers candidates a full year of hands-on, clinical experience in an ISANA Academies school alongside a high-quality mentor teacher while completing online coursework through CalStateTEACH and receiving salary/benefits. Upon successful completion of the program, candidates will earn a multiple subject teaching credential and are eligible for a full-time teaching position at ISANA.
During the year, teacher residents will:
- Spend five days a week at an ISANA campus:
- Four days a week in the classroom with a mentor teacher developing pedagogical practice through observation, co-teaching and small group instruction; and
- One day a week for professional development provided by ISANA/CalStateTEACH in community with a cohort of other teacher residents
- Complete online coursework at CalStateTEACH
- Develop relationships with families, students and communities
- Learn the important responsibilities of being an ISANA teacher, such as using data to inform instruction and lesson planning
- Participate in all teacher-required events
- Receive financial support as an ISANA employee through a salary, benefits and educational reimbursement opportunities
Costs and Financial Aid
To apply, please start the application here.